Tuesday, October 2, 2012

taste test from the agrarian kitchen

Sunday was just brilliant!

I headed out to of Hobart to (just beyond) Lachlan for the Agrarian Experience under the wing of Rodney (ex Tetsuya's & food editor of Gourmet Traveller) and with a great bunch of food enthusiasts.

The weather wasn't going to hinder my enthusiasm but Tassie put on an atmospheric & rainless day which allowed us to trudge around the garden freely before heading inside to make five dishes from the produce we'd collected.

Rodney & Severine are passionate about growing the staples that we're used to but plenty of herbs that I've never heard of or seen in shops. It was very interesting seeing what they'd managed to grow (outside & in plastic houses) on the farm.

How does this sound?

* Twice cooked soufflé with spinach & raclette
* Pheasant schnitzel (not to be confused with a pub 'snitty') with poached eggs & béarnaise
* Tassie quinoa with roast root veggies & tahini yoghurt
* Rhubarb & frangipane tartlets with goat's milk ice cream.

Here's a taste test of what we got up to! Once I am home I'll make some time to share more of our day.

On Monday I headed to the Huon Valley. Since I watched Yahoo Serious' Young Einstein (that may have not even been filmed in Tassie - yet to find out) I've wanted to visit the apple region of The Huon Valley.

Happy days everyone. Take a leaf out of my book today: life's too short. Do something you've always wanted to do. It doesn't have to be traveling interstate!

No comments:

Post a Comment